Slow and steady might not always win you the race but it'll get you there... eventually.
- Level 1
- Trading Card Game: Saltwater Snapjaw from Heroes of Azeroth set
- Lunarfall Cavedweller in Lunarfall (Garrison).
- Frostdeep Cavedweller in Frostwall (Garrison).
- "The great teacher of Azeroth school" promotion (China only).
- The Black Market Auction House (rarely)
Notes:The Riding Turtle is one of only a few special mounts that increase your speed in water to that of a normal mount on land. It can be used in any body of water. Its speed is not affected by effects that increase or decrease mount speed.
Note that this is the only trading card mount which is taught by a bound item. Other TCG mount items may be sold or traded before learning, but this one may not.
It can also be found (rarely) on the Black Market Auction House, or as rare loot from Cavedweller murlocs in your Garrison's fishing pond in Draenor. The murlocs can be summoned with Lunarfall Carp (Alliance) or Frostdeep Minnows (Horde), which can occasionally be caught from the same pond once you advance your Fishing Shack to level 3.
Introduced in:Patch 1.1
- Ground (+0% speed)
- Swimming (+60% or +300% speed)
Matching Companion Pets: